Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Big Cut.

Talk about trying something new!! What's more courageous and not boring than a new haircut? Like a major haircut? Well, right now, to be honest, I can't think of anything.

Because I'm still in shock.

Good shock. 

I finally did it. I finally fullfilled my [10 year in the waiting] goal of one day donating my hair to charity. I felt like now was no better time than any other. I just got married, I have this big outlook on 2012 and quite frankly, I just needed a change. My long strands were getting to be too much of a hassle. And were not pretty anymore.

My awesome friend Shannon came along with me today to document this huge life event [can you tell yet how extreme this was for me?] Our equally awesome friend, Shaundel, did the honors of cutting and styling. I came armed with photos that I had collected on my Pinterest board The Big Cut. She did her magic, and well, I couldn't be any more giddy about my new look! 

Here's how long it was before:

And here is my new do!!!

So, what do you think? 

I am donating my [extremely thin] locks to Children With Hairloss, an organization that provides wigs to all children with medical related hairloss. Their goal is to empower these children to become whole again by making hair available to those who may be financially challenged and might otherwise not have a means of obtaining the hair they want and need. Anyone who knows me, knows I have a special place in my heart for children. And this organization seemed like a great place to send the hair that I don't need and could put a smile on a kid's face. 

And last, but not least, I feel it is more than appropriate to apply the Mike Meter here. I mean, really, his opinion means everything! 



An 8! Not bad! When he got home and finally saw me he said, "It's better than I thought it would be" and "It's not terrible" which at the time, were compliments. He didn't HATE it and that's great! I know he'll just need to get used to it, as will I!


Important note: I should say if you're reading this, Shaundel, these statements in NO WAY reflect Mike's or my expectations of your mad crazy hair styling skills. We both love you. I'm sure you know that. :)


Mike and I are headed to dinner. He's taking me on a date to celebrate the new "me." 


Happy Cutting!!!

6 comments:

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.