Wednesday, September 18, 2013

It's a...

We've known now for over a month the gender of our baby on board. I'm excited to share how we told our parents, grandparents and siblings. We didn't need to come up with a big grand idea to blow them away, but we wanted it to be more special than just saying "Hey, it's a ---" That would've been boring. We're not boring.

So I did a ton of online searching for ways to do "gender reveals" but none were really doing anything for me. Then, I came across a baby shower favor that I loved! If you look at a HERSHEY bar you'll notice "HE" is at the beginning and "SHE" is in the middle. Whichever part you color in will show what baby is.

So that's the one I went with for a couple reasons. 1) It's cheap! A 6 pack of HERSHEY bars is a few bucks and 2) It's not elaborate like balloons or baking a cake with color inside (who has time to bake a cake?)

I ran to the store, bought the HERSHEY bars, went home and busted out my Sharpies. Here's how they turned out!


YEP! It's a girl!

Here's how our family saw the HERSHEY bars to start. Once they unstuck the note the SHE was revealed.

I was shocked when the tech said "girl" but apparently Mike wasn't. <-- and that shocked me, too. I was so sure it was a boy, so it took a while for the "girl" thing to set in. Now I'm thrilled!


We're so nervous overwhelmed excited to be parents. I know it's going to be the best and most high pressured job I ever have, but I'm ready. I've been ready. And I can't wait!

Happy Day!








 photo LikeMe.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.