Thursday, January 17, 2013

Being handy.

I consider myself pretty handy with a screwdriver and a nut.

But enough about my drinking habits and my husband....

I know my way around a tool box and I like to fix things. I like reading instructions and I like feeling the accomplishment after a project is finished!

In the new home I've done my fair share of tool-related projects.

So far, I've installed blinds.


I read the instructions for the first window, but by the end I was a pro and did a second window without them!


The screws that come with the kit strip so quickly! And I'm here to say that the rubber band trick really DOES work. It helped me removed a stripped screw six times a couple times.


I've also successfully rigged my $100 bargain treadmill so I'm not forced to walk at a 45' incline. Okay 45 might be an exaggeration, but it felt like that until I realized I was missing pins to lift the legs. Until I get pins from the hardware store, my hillbilly pins screwdriver will work just fine.



See: hillbilly rigged bathroom curtain.


Also, our "new" desk is constructed from 2 file cabinets and a $5 door from the Habitat Restore. More on that later... have I mentioned how much I love projects?

Happy Fixing and Rigging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.