Thursday, July 24, 2014

Live. Love. Teach.

My good friend Dina is a teacher. An awesome wish-she-had-been-my-fifth-grade-teacher teacher. But that would've been weird because she's only a few years older than I am.

Because she's an awesome teacher she loves her students so much. She recently celebrated a birthday, so I made her an extra special present.

All I used was wood scraps, sand paper, printed images, glue, water and a paintbrush.

Sand Paper not shown. Not sure why I had a pencil, either.
I created my design using Photoshop, then printed it using a laser jet printer. I cut the prints to fit the wood blocks that I'd cut to size.

Mied water and glue (ratio of 3 parts glue to 1 part water) with my brush, then brushed a thin layer onto the wood pieces.

I placed each piece of paper over the wood, and smoothed out any bumps.


After they'd all three dried, I used sand paper to roughen up the edges so it wasn't so crisp.


I was so happy with the final product and I know Dina really loved her gift.

Happy Teaching!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.