Not that most of you noticed, but I haven't posted a Friday 15 in like 15 Fridays (or some number less than that). If I'm being Frank, though my name is Angie, I will say it's because I forgot. Every week that passes is a blur because it's another week closer to meeting my daughter. Freaky to say that. My daughter. Our daughter.
Dudes, I'm going to have a child in a couple weeks.
And speaking of "our daughter" I thought it would be fun to make a list of 15 things I'm looking forward to when she gets here. This is going to be fun!
- Seeing what she looks like. (I have imagined her features for months and I can't wait. Will she look like me, like Mike, like both of us a little, like NEITHER of us?! Oh, the suspense!)
- Singing her to sleep.
- Reading to her.
- Being called mommy.
- Seeing Mike be a dad & calling him daddy.
- Watching her sleep.
- Learning all about her personality, what she likes and doesn't like.
- Taking her on walks.
- Breastfeeding her.
- Loving her.
- Fitting into normal pants again [even if they're not my pre-baby pants].
- Saying good-bye to the heartburn, I hope!
- Sleeping on my stomach.
- Being able to touch my toes and comfortably put on shoes and socks again.
- Finally sharing her name with everyone that is waiting in anticipation!
Annnnddd.... As I was making the above list, I thought I could also make a list of 15 things I'm *NOT* looking forward to. But, really, I couldn't think of 15. So, I had to stop at 10. And really these 10 are minor in comparison to how much I am looking forward to meeting her.
- Touching poop.
- Being puked on.
- Not getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time.
- Labor recovery. Enough said. (well, for that matter, LABOR)
- People wanting to touch my baby during cold/flu season.
- The crying. Lord, the crying.
- Losing the baby weight.
- Time management.
- Doing laundry daily - cloth diapers for us!
- Breastfeeding. (Yes, this is on both lists. I am looking forward to it, but also anxious about her latching, the pain, etc. I am thinking positive, though!)
There ya go! The good outweighs the bad, which I suppose is a good sign! I'm so excited for her to be outside of me instead of inside of me!
For the record: I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging after she's born or if I'll even want to look at my computer for a while since I'll be staring at her all the time. I will try to stay active on here. If there is a lull, it won't be permanent. I like blogging too much to leave it alone forever!