Friday, August 1, 2014

Create a t-shirt design.

Each year, National Kidney Foundation hosts a Kidney Walk at Headwaters Park in Fort Wayne, IN, to raise awareness for kidney disease. Since 2008, my family and I have joined this walk to honor my cousin's mother-in-law, Lou, who had a kidney transplant. Our team name is We Love Our Kidneys!

It's always a lot of fun and any excuse to get out and go for a walk for a good cause is good enough for me!


Our team 2009 from left,  Elizabeth (my cousin); Adam (Lou's son/Elizabeth's husband) carrying Abby (our t-shirt designer), Me, Lou (Adam's mom) and Amanda (my cousin).

A couple years ago we started having Lou's granddaughter Abby, design our t-shirts. Last year, she gave me two designs and I combined them to make our final design. This was Abby's creation for 2012.



This year, she designed this for us. 




So, I quickly got to work transferring it to a digital image using Photoshop. I have a kick butt t-shirt printer that I use locally. He took Abby's design from my digital file, created a screen, then made as many shirts as we needed! This year we sported RED! 


Our team 2014 from left: Jennifer (Lou's daughter), Adam (Lou's son/my cousin's husband), Charlotte (Adam & Elizabeth's daughter in the stroller), Nathan (Jenn's son), Lou (the women we walk for), Elizabeth (my cousin), Abby (our t-shirt designer and Jenn's daughter), Me holding Caraline and Mike (my husband).

I look forward to next year to see Abby's design for us! She's such a talented young lady!

If you'd like to donate to the National Kidney Foundation, please go here (http://donate.kidney.org/goto/angiedeak). I thank you in advance for your contribution. 

Happy Kidneys!







1 comment:

  1. Design A Shirt Coupon
    Designer clothes add a lovely look for those. Hawaiian shirts are famous for their bright, tropical design that provides a degree of comfort to all women and men. Authentic Hawaiian shirts are created by pure cotton and using a conventional design approach. These very long sleeve shirts come in assorted designs. Custom Greek tshirts are a rather wonderful option that you may pick for your group or organization. Therefore, if you run into a supposedly Abercrombie shirt with another label you can be certain it is certainly not authentic Abercrombie clothing which you are setting eyes on. Have a look at the sellers prior to purchasing your Abercrombie clothing from them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.