Yea, tasty, huh?!
How about cookie dough that you can safely snack on as much as you want because it contains no eggs! For a pregnant lady like me (yes it's true!) that's a great combination!
I've got a recipe for you to try! I found a few online and got to work!
[Egg-less] COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
• 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks), softened
• 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 2 cups flour
• 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Use your hands to get it together the best.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Dip in chocolate, drizzle with chocolate or eat as is.
6. Let stand at room temp for about 10 minutes before serving.
7. Store in the refrigerator.
Well, I'll be honest. These weren't my favorite or Mike's favorite, but my older sister ate approx. 20 and couldn't get enough. I personally didn't feel like they tasted enough like actual raw (with the eggs) cookie dough to satisfy my taste buds. Plus they were a little dry. So, I suppose it's really up to your preference.
Mike didn't return for a second cookie dough ball, if that tells you how he liked (or didn't like) them. We pretty much agree on why we won't be making these again: taste, dryness, etc.
[Disclaimer: I've read up on the risks raw flour, as opposed to raw eggs, that can cause illness, so I'll let you use your own discretion when determining how much of these you'd like to devour. Read articles here, here and here]
My friend and fellow blogger, Kelly, over at Old Blue Silo was thrilled to see this recipe, but has to eat gluten free. So she switched the recipe up and made Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bites with Almond Flour. She says they were delicious! Hop on over to her page to check out her recipe and while you're there make the wise choice to follow her blog. She's a classy lady!