Saturday, June 13, 2015

Paint a "Mawwage" sign.

My good friend recently got married and asked me to make her a sign for their reception. She's a huge Princess Bride fan and loved this quote by the Impressive Clergyman. It was really quite simple to make.

First, I printed out the phrase as a guide for painting the text.


I constructed scrap pieces of wood and stained them dark java.


Then I taped off the lines so they were straight and began hand painting the words, constantly referencing the print outs taped to the wall.


I finished the letters that went below the tape after removing the tape. I also added a little heart with their initials for a special touch.

I love how it turned out! And my friend loved it, too.


Happy Mawwage, Tracy and Kevin!





2 comments:

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.