Monday, January 14, 2013

Wine and Canvas.

If you have not heard of Wine & Canvas yet, listen up!

I recently had the opportunity to attend a private party at a friend's house organized by our local Wine & Canvas. What it is... a painting party where you drink. WIN WIN!

They are held all throughout our region and I know they're all over. You can go to www.wineandcanvas.com to see if there is one near you.

The painting my friend chose to do at her party was Dandelion Circus.



I showed up, grabbed a drink, and was given paints, brushes and a blank canvas. Beginners to experienced painters alike can enjoy it! The instructor tells you what color and where to paint. And if the stars align, your painting ends up looking prettttty good!

We started with coloring our background and creating "bursts."


Then we added grass and started the dandelion stems. 


Finally, we added extra flyaways and put on finishing touches.


It was fun seeing all the other party goers and how everyone's painting turned out differently.


I had so much fun and I plan to check the calendar often to try and get to another paint night! I'd encourage you to find a Wine & Canvas in your area and grab some friends! 


It was so fun!

Happy Painting!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like your canvas. I had some friends go, and they made something that very much resembled a kindergarten painting. Yours looks so professional! My office wanted to go to one, but I was only thinking of the ones my friend made...yours makes me rethink my decision. Is yours hanging in your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet... I'm thinking it'll make a cute picture for a baby's room some day. But until then it sits in my spare room, collecting dust :(
      You should totally try it, though!

      Delete

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.