Monday, January 14, 2013

Favorite wedding gifts.

I'm in my late 20s. Crap, when I say it like that, I feel especially old.... Doesn't matter. The point is I have had a lot of friends get married the past few years and I've attended a ton of weddings. It's just that season in my life. That and the baby mania. And I love seeing my friends find love. I'm happy that I'm one of those lucky people and in 2011 I also got married.

A friend of mine recently asked me what our favorite wedding gifts were that we received. To be honest, I loved almost all the gifts we received, but my favorites were the ones that I could tell people put a lot of thought into as well as the ones that were so practical that we've probably used them daily or weekly. I've come up with my favorites (which I already sent to my friend who asked) and will share them with you, too! I've probably forgotten some, too. But you won't know it if I did!

First up... my return address stamp! My friend Kelly got us a gift certificate that we used on the Three Designing Women website to pick out which stamp we wanted.


I really liked this idea! It's something we use constantly and especially at Christmas time when we send out Christmas cards. Since we moved, I needed a new one with a new address. I got on the TDW site which directed me to other sites that carry their stampers, I ordered a new design and voila, it was in my mailbox! I think the stamp is so much more classy than return address label stickers!


Next up is our step stool. My hubby and I are both pretty short and this thing is SO handy! We keep it in our closet and it gets used every few days. We did actually register for this at Menards, but the fact that our friends got it for us was great!


Another great gift was my group of baking supplies! I got some mixing bowls from Crate & Barrel and  nesting measuring cups and spoons from Target. The nesting of the cups and spoons is great for saving space and they're pretty to look at =)


And the thing that gets used EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. is our wall clock. Again, this was something we registered for at Bed, Bath & Beyond. This was one of the last things to get "packed" when we moved from our old house and one of the first things to be unpacked in the new house. Since it's a clock, obviously it gets used all the time, but I think it's beautiful and I love how big it is.


I still need to hang it on the wall, but I'm waiting until we paint the living room wall to do that. This is as far as I've gotten in the painting department.


Picking out a color. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's a gray/blue. The swatch just sits here, taunting me until I bite the bullet and buy a gallon of paint!

I digress.... If you've got weddings to attend this year, I urge you to buy gifts 1. off a couple's registry, but also 2. something they'll truly appreciate and use. And if you do buy straight from the registry, make it fun! Add some personal touches so they know you put some time into their gift. Unless you don't put time into it. Then, in that case, just wrap it and put it on the gift table... it's YOUR gift. Do what you want =)

Happy wedding shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I never thought this stamped would be loved as it is! When I was shopping for gifts, I just thought it looked practical and definitely you. I need to get one myself and see what all the rage is about. I will have to keep it in mind for future weddings. I love this post... A lot brides struggle with registering for the right things. I'd like to see a post on things you don't use as often as you thought you would around the house. Not necessarily weddings gifts because that would hurt feelings but just things in general you've purchased for the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'll add that to my list of topics! And thanks again for the awesome stamp! =]

      Delete
  2. these are all such great and thoughtful gifts! I laughed at your comment about the marriage day gift exchange, I recently mentioned that to my fiance and he refused to believe "it could be a thing.I seriously just love your necklace in those bridal photos. you create me wish i had worn one. it's perfect!!!! Wedding Gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.